Last week I was over at my brother's house hanging out with my mom who was watching my brother's kids. Everyone was in school but their littlest, Madi. I had just picked up Emily from school. Emily was playing in Madi's room and I told Madi to go get Emily for lunch. A couple seconds later they both come down the hall, and as soon as Emily sees me she says, "I was just doing my taxes on the computer." You see everynight Mike gets home from work, he sits down to do other peoples' taxes on our computer in the office. The rest of mine and Emily's conversation went like this:
Mom: "Oh, did you finish them?"
Emily: "Yes"
Mom: "Are you getting any money back?"
Emily: "Yes"
Mom: "How much?"
Emily: (holding up five fingers)
Mom: "Five dollars?"
Emily: "Yes" (and yes, she really does say yes instead of yeah or uh-huh, it's really cute)
Mom: "That's great. That means your withholdings were practically perfect for the year."
Emily: "Yep" (okay, so sometimes she doesn't say yes)
I mean what other three-year-old pretends to do taxes for fun? A three-year-old that idolizes her dad, that's who.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
That is such a darling story. My kids wouldn't know what in the world you were talking about! She must really love her dad.
That's hilarious.
Mason will ride his bike up the street and when I call him to come back because he's too far, he tells me "I'm goin' to work!". Other times, he'll put a big coat and sweats on and tell me he's going to put out a fire.
So to each his own. :)
Post a Comment