Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Abby's First Birthday

This is Abby just staring at her cake. We had to re-light the candle three times because her cousin Madi (almost 3 years old) kept blowing the candle out. It was hilarious. Her cake is a colorful ladybug. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
I thought that Abby would get down and dirty with her cake, but she ate like a lady. I was a little disappointed. When Emily turned one, she just poked at her cake a couple of times and was done. Abby has a much more aggressive personality, so I thought she would tear it apart, but I guess I have to have a boy for that to happen.

4 comments:

The Barkers said...

The cake looks great. I think it's so funny when they c an be ladylike.

Jann said...

So cute. And yes, I can virtually guarantee that a boy would fling cake everywhere. Mason always has, anyway. I can't believe she's one already and I'm such a bad friend I've only seen you guys once in that time!! But happy birthday to your cute girls.

Angie said...

That top picture of Abby is SO DANG CUTE. She looks so pretty with her little dimples and big eyes. What a cutie. When I see Abby turning one that means my little Ellee is close to turning one herself. It seems like we were both just prego!! Time goes so fast!!!

JM said...

They grow so fast! Congrats on surviving the first year...again! Love the cake.