Well I've decided (after my friend Julie challenged me) to run the half marathon next April. Crazy? Yes. Impossible? Seems so some days.
I have officially been training for almost 2 weeks. It has been going well and surprisingly enough...I am absolutely loving it! I don't know if it is because it is some alone time (on the days I get to go without the girls or the stroller) or if I just really love running. But I do know that when I ran 1.2 miles on Saturday I couldn't stop smiling on my 5 minute cool down walk. This may sound dumb, but I was so stinkin' proud of myself for doing so. It feels so good to feel like I acclomplished something. And I finally feel like I am setting a good example for my girls. When I get back from running, Emily loves to do stretching with me and crunches and push ups. And everytime I pick her up from preschool she asks me if she can do her exercises. Her exercises are riding her bike to the house next door and back two times, running to the same house and back two times, and bouncing on one of those huge balls you sit on to that house and back once. It is so cute.
Anyway, I am very excited (and extremely scared) to run the half marathon in April, but I'm glad I'm doing it! Just a little update for ya.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Way to go. I'm very impressed. Not only for actually starting to run but for finding/making time to do it sans kids. And smiling while running-I don't think I'm close to that yet. Good luck.
Post a Comment