Abigail Grace Dawes was born April 23rd and 3:17 p.m. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 2 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. She was in quite a hurry to get here. I had been having contraction since 5 a.m. that morning. They were consistently 10 minutes apart all day and didn't change so I didn't think anything of it. Well in the middle of a contraction at 2 p.m., my water broke at home. I called Mike immediately and he made it from downtown to home in ten minutes. I had everything packed and loaded in the car ready to go. Grandma Hunt met us at the hospital and took Emily home with her, but had we been able to foresee the future, we would've just had them wait outside the room. We got checked into the hospital at around 2:45 p.m. I called for an epidural as soon as I saw the first nurse enter the room. The anesthiologist (spelling?) came in and saw I hadn't even received an IV yet so he decided to go do the girl in the next room. The contractions were coming hard and fast, and I had to have the nurse help breathe through them. The "guy who gives the epidural" came back in, and just in time. He moved quickly and I was able to have it kick in right before the doctor wanted me to push. He told me to take a breath and
hold it, then take a breath and push. He and Mike started talking about how much hair Emily had when she was born. And I said, "you can see her hair?" The doctor moved the sheet blocking my view and I could see her head. I couldn't believe it. He told me to take a breath and hold it, then take another breath and only do half a push, and she was out! One and a half pushes and Abby was here. It seemed like I was going to be pregnant forever, but once she had her mind made up to come, she was here.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Very good looking little girls. Boozer is huge now. Can't wait to see little Abby in person.
Congratulations! What a cute, sweet baby! Can't wait to meet her.
Congrats. We are the bad freinds becasue we have not been out yet. We hope that you are all doing well. 'Costco' misses Emily he is never fed as well as when she is around.
she is a beautiful baby! congrats- I am so glad the labor went fine and that she is healthy
Congratulations, Mike & Laura. Abigail is beautiful. Did you get the cross-stich? I hope so. I miss you so much. Can't wait to see you in September. We should be coming in on the 9th and staying for about a week in Salt Lake. Good luck with two gals. It's fun. And yes, it's a lot of work. But it's so worth it. Take care!
Congratulations, guys. I can't wait to meet her. You have such beautiful girls! I'm glad you have a blog, too. We should catch up soon, if we dare put these three in the same house/park/generic outing area.
Post a Comment