Because there is just too much to try and cover from the last 9 months, I'm not going to. I'm just going to pick up from what is happening now.
We just had my brother Rhett and his family from Vernal come stay with us for the weekend. We increased the number of occupants in our house from 4 to 10. It was so fun to have them here. They came because we had family pictures and the Golden Turkey Tournament. For those of you not in the know about what the Golden Turkey Tourney is, it is a ping pong tournament my family does every year (since Jeff moved to Houston many years ago, it has been harder to get together that often). It is called the Golden Turkey because when we started, it was always at Thanksgiving time and we have a "trophy" which is really just a ceramic turkey from the craft store that has been painted with metallic gold paint. On the back, on each of its feathers, is listed the year and that year's winner. Jeff has 7 of the championships, while Rhett and my dad have 2 or 3 of their own on there. No one else has been able to get their names on there. I have been playing in the tournament for several years now and I have only made it to the Final Four once. That must have been while my dad was on his mission and couldn't participate in the tournament. Although, when Mike's family decided to hold a ping pong tournament one year, Mike and I were the final game and I lost by 2 points. So if I'm ever feeling bad about my ping pong skills, I just play one of the Dawes'. Ha ha. The Golden Turkey Tournament is very serious business in my family and everyone enjoys it (except maybe a couple of sisters-in-law).
Well, now you know how strange my family actually is. Maybe this will explain some of my behaviors.
I'm throwing in a couple of non-related pictures of my family so you can see how much they've grown. See ya!
This one was taken this May. Our most current family picture.
Putting curlers in their hair Saturday night to make my job easier Sunday morning before church. My sis and I have some pictures like these of us with curlers in our hair.
Emily 5 years old



2 comments:
Your girls are getting so big! They are darling! Nice to see a post from ya!
I believe I walked downstairs in Bruce's home just in time to hear Jeff yell and raise his arms to the ceiling, ping pong paddle in one hand. I told him congratulations and patted him on the back. The golden turkey returns to Houston for yet another year. I've bowed out due to the fact that it's always the same three or four in the final four. I don't practice much so what's the point right? We should have our own. I think Rhett tried to call it the golden hen. :) Anyways, we sure had fun seeing you and your family. The girls are adorable. Oh yeah, the curlers are a staple in our home on the weekends too. :) Thank Goodness!
Post a Comment